2018 Order of Merit Final
On Sunday 30th September 2018 Rushcliffe's eight Order of Merit finalists faced a stern test at Rotherham Golf Club (home club of Danny Willett, 2016 Masters Champion). The wind blew stronger as the afternoon progressed & the slick greens proved to be very challenging. Thanks to everyone who came along in support & caddie roles. A great afternoon was had by all. The final result was ...
- in 3rd place with 29 points, Stephen Hanks;
- in 2nd place with 31 points, Will Thompson; &
- in 1st place with 33 points & The Rushcliffe Order of Merit Champion for 2018 is ... Henry Walton.
Henry Walton (left)
The Rushcliffe Order of Merit Champion 2018
Also playing in the final were Habib Akhtar, Harold Handcock, Terry Rozario, Richard Sheppard & Glyn Slatcher.
Many thanks to all those who took part in The Rushcliffe Order of Merit 2018.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
2018 Order of Merit Facts & Player Rankings
- Over 300 players participated & nearly 1,500 rounds were recorded.
- Just one player participated in the maximum number of 16 Events - Harold Handcock (ranked 3).
- Only 4 players participated in 15 or more Events (being Harold Handcock (ranked 3), Elliot Rowbotham (ranked 9), David Smith (ranked 21) & Shaun Cooper (ranked 25)).
- Ian Sharpe (ranked 36) was the most effective points earner - having played in 2 Events Ian earned 1,200 Ranking Points (an average of 600 Ranking Points per Event).
- With a total of 330 Ranking Points from 7 Events Richard Price (ranked 146) was the top performing 'journeyman' (being the player to have earned the most Ranking Points from finishing outside the top-20 in each Event played (i.e. earning just Bonus Points)).
- For the complete 2018 Order of Merit player rankings click here.