The Rushcliffe Order of Merit is a season-long competition similar in style to those held on the professional golf tours - it is run in parallel with a number of the Club’s existing competitions. Entry into The Rushcliffe Order of Merit is automatic & FREE!
Throughout the season Order of Merit updates will be posted on The Rushcliffe Order of Merit noticeboard in the Clubhouse & on the Club’s website, & coverage will be provided in the Club’s newsletter.
For the 2019 Order of Merit season:
- along with more positional points available for each Event, the Points Scheme has also been simplified;
- the last two season-ending Events will be played as Runoff Events rather than there being a standalone Playoff; &
- the top-6 players in the Order of Merit will compete in a Final to be played at Kedleston Park Golf Club, Derbyshire on Sunday 6th October 2019.
~ ~ ~
Kedleston Park is a beautiful, mature parkland course set in peaceful countryside within the grounds of the magnificent Kedleston Hall, a grand 18th century stately home. A host venue for Regional Qualifying for The Open from 2018, Kedleston Park is regarded by many as one of the finest golf courses in Derbyshire. For more information visit Kedleston Park Golf Club's website by clicking here.
~ ~ ~
Previous winners of The Rushcliffe Order of Merit have been:
- 2018 Henry Walton (final held at Rotherham Golf Club); &
- 2017 (inaugural) Phil Lynch (final held at PGA National (The Belfry)).