- Course Handicap is the number of handicap strokes a player receives before Handicap Allowances, on a specific course and from a specific set of tees, as determined by the Slope Rating.
- There will be tables on display where you can look up your Course Handicap
- It is the Course Handicap that is used to determine Net Par and Net Double Bogey adjustments in calculating Adjusted Gross Scores and in assessing scores for Unplayed Holes.
A player's Course Handicap is determined by multiplying their Handicap Index by the the Slope Rating and dividing by the neutral Slope Rating of 113.
WHS a player journey
From the White tees at Rushcliffe: the Course Handicap of a player with a 17.3 Handicap Index is calculated as:
Course Handicap = 17.3 x ( 126 / 113 ) = 19
From the Red tees at Ruscliffe: the Course Handicap of a player with a 12.5 Handicap Index is calculated as:
Course Handicap = 12.5 x(123 / 113 ) = 14
The handicap conversion chart will be displayed on the clubhouse near the 1st tee so you won't need to do the calculations yourself! The positon of the conversion charts will differ from club to club, so if playing at a different club you will need to access the charts to determine your handicap for that day at that course for the specific tee, conversion charts for each tee can be view from the links below:
- Handicap Allowance is the percentage of Course Handicap specified for a particular format of play and/or specified in the Terms of the Competition.
- Playing Handicap is the Course Handicap adjusted for any Handicap Allowance. It represents the actual number of strokes the player gives or receives for the round being played.
- It is the Playing Handicap that is used to determine Competition Results.
- Before starting a round of golf the player must register their intention to enter a Competition or submit a Social Score and establish their Course Handicap and Playing Handicap for the particular set of tees being used.
- Scores must be submitted as soon as possible after the round and before midnight on the day of playing, which is when their Handicap index will be re-calculated.
9 Hole Handicaps
When submitting a 9 hole score:
- 9 hole Course Handicap = [ Handicap Index / 2 ] x [ 9 hole Slope Rating / 113 ] + [ 9 hole Course Rating - 9 hole Par ]
- 9 hole Playing Handicap = [ 9 hole Course Handicap ] x [ Handicap Allowance ]